For photos from the Meadowlands contact Lisaphoto@playmeadowlands.com

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Time Out

"Sometimes in life you need to put the work you love aside to take care of the ones who took care of you". - Anonymous

Unfortunately, the time has come for me to face facts.  With an immediate family member in hospice and beginning the end-of-life process, much of my time has become consumed with taking care off their affairs and spending time with them.   I have been trying to keep everything going as if nothing has changed, but all I do is find myself burning the candle from both ends and being wiped out at the end of the day.  It is clear something has to give.

This is not a pity party.  Lord knows there are those who have it a lot worse than me.  Fortunately, I found a wonderful facility which is doing most of the hard work, but still, those who have traveled this journey with their loved ones know it still consumes most of your day, and takes a toll on you both emotionally and physically. 

 While I will not abandon the blog, it's time for a personal semi-hiatus; forced to cut back the amount of time I spend on the blog.  I will be posting, just not on the schedule you have become accustomed to.  How long will this semi-hiatus last?  I have no way to know, but my suspicion is it will be shorter than estimates, but it is something which will play out on its own.

Thankfully, Joe FitzGerald has and continues to fill the void by posting great columns related primarily to the breeding end of the business which is not my area of expertise so you get an insight you won't get from me.  Look for his continued contributions.

On occasion, Peter Lawrence steps up with interesting articles looking back into his past days in racing, back to his days on the Grand Circuit working with and meeting some of harness racing's greats
.

But my absence is an opportunity for you.  Is there a pet peeve you have about harness racing?  Something really great going on you want to talk about?  Is there a race where you feel the judges blew a call?  Here is your chance to get it off your chest.  Provided it is respectful nor slanderous or libelous, you may find your views expressed on the blog.  Anonymous postings will not be used and columns may be edited as appropriate.  You may submit your submissions via the comments section (they will not be posted).  Just make sure to provide your name and email address for verification purposes.  I look forward to reading your comments.


That's it for now.  I will return to full-time status as soon as possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you strength to get through this difficult time!