For photos from the Meadowlands contact Lisaphoto@playmeadowlands.com

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Sun Stakes Preview

What kind of blog would I be if I ignored the Sun Stakes tonight at Mohegan Sun Pocono Downs?  To me, they look like single-digit odds winners all the way through though I admit, I'm a little shaky with regards to the Beal. Memorial.  While I pick Southwind Frank, if there is going to be a stakes race upset tonight, it may very well be this race here.  My longshot play is Truemass Volo.

As for the Ben Franklin being the 'Race of the Centrury', I would hold off on that label until we see how the race goes.  Yes this is probably the toughest field I have seen in a long time and while you can make an argument for quite a few of these FFAllers, an upset while less likely is not out of the realm of possibilities.  If I had to pick upset possibilities, I would look at Mel Mara, who is making his second start back off a short vacation and also State Treasurer, who while winless this year tends to find ways to surprise and has the service of Tim Tetrick.


9th Pace - $300,000; Jams M Lynch Memorial - 3yoF
6 - Darlinonthebeach - D.Miller 3-1
7 - Pure Country - B.Miller 5-2
8 - Blue Moon Stride - Mccarthy - 6-1
9 - Penpal - Lachance 15-1

10th Pace - $500,000; Max C Hempt Memorial - 3yo Open
2 - Racing Hill - B.Miller 5-2
8 - Control The Moment - Waples 7-2
6 - Boston Red Sox - Tetrick 5-1
7 - Katies Rocker - D.Miller 4-1

11th Pace - $500,000; Ben Franklin - FFA
7 - Always B Miki - D.Miller 4-1
6 - Freaky Feet Pete - Tr.Tetrick 3-1
3 - Wiggle It Jiggleit - Teague 5-2
1 - Mel Mara - Callahan 6-1

12th Trot - $500,000; Earl Beal Jr. Memorial - 3yo Open
7 - Southwind Frank - Gingras 5-2
9 - Bar Hopping - Ti.Tetrick 4-1
3 - Truemass Volo - Goodell 12-1
4 - Dayson Morrill 3-1
Longshot Play - #3 Truemass Volo



No comments: